Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 12, 2023 - Patience gets rewarded.

It was raining when I got out of bed this morning and it didn't look like there would be any climbing today, but I was patient and worked in the garden until around noon when the rain had stopped and the sun came through. The heat of the sun made it dry quickly and I decided to go to Mare aux Joncs in the Coquibus area, hoping to try "Le Tri-Phasé", knowing that most of the boulder was facing South. 
It all still looked very wet and when I felt that also the pockets under the roof were wet, I realized that those would not be dry today and didn't bother waiting for it. Instead, I continued on to look "La Flèche Rouge", which, according to its description, is facing South-East. 
Unfortunately, the boulder was shaded by the trees and it looked still very wet, but when I noticed that the parts that did get sun were drying fast, I helped a hand with a small and silent ventilator that I had taken with me. I was patient and about half an hour later, I could start working out the first couple of moves while the top continued the drying process. The first few moves turned out to quite morpho and I couldn't do the same moves as the opener, Jarno Zwiebel, without hitting my face against the rock, so I had to come up with some intermediary moves to be able to reach the middle of the boulder. By the time I had the lower part worked out, the upper one was dry and I decided to give it a real attempt. Surprisingly, I only needed two attempts to top out. This problem is totally my style and a true beauty. My patience was rewarded generously.

Fontainebleau - Mare aux Joncs - La Flèche Rouge 7B(7B+)

No comments:

Post a Comment