Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 27, 2023 - Training endurance.

Falling off the last move of "Alien" in Rocher Cailleau several times yesterday, I thought it would it be good idea to work on my endurance, so it was a good thing that I was meeting up with Olaf (Deppe) again at the "Bicarburation" roof. There were still a few lines going to the right that I still had to do, and all of them require some endurance, especially with the worst slopers being at the end.
The warmup in "A l'Endroit" went fast, and gave me confidence for the few other lines taking the same exit.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - A l'Endroit (retour) 7A+



I tried "Le Bi se Marque (droite)" a few times last time we were there, but always fell off the last move where the slopers are the worst. Now that the conditions were much better and as I knew what to do, it went down on my first attempt today.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - Le Bi se Marque (droite) 7B



"Le Bi Yo Masse" only needed one attempt as well.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - Le Bi Yo Masse 7B(7B+)



Finally, "Le Bi Haut (droite)" went on my third attempt, only because I missed the slopey hold that you can't see, but have to dyno to, on the first two attempts. This session definitely counted as a good endurance training.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - Le Bi Haut (droite) 7B+



Olaf again made huge progress in "Bicarburation" and at least two times it looked like he was going to stick the crux. The second good attempt was unfortunately interrupted by a slip of the finger. If that wouldn't have happened, he would have surely finished it. He's got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment