Sunday, September 3, 2023

September 03, 2023 - Shared joy.

Yesterday, Pieter and I projected "La Main Bleue" in Rocher du Télégraphe and even though I had worked out the moves and even did the problem in two overlapping parts, by the time I wanted to give it some real send attempts, the sun was shining full on the side of the boulder where you have to use a couple of bad slopers and warmed up my hands way too much to the point that they felt swollen and I fell two times off the last hard move. We had to leave it behind and keep it as an Autumn or Winter project when the temperature is much lower.
This morning, we met up in Boissy aux Cailles with the intention to try "Mini Chelem", in the big roof of Boissy Le Plaid. We arrived early and the temperature was nice and cool under that big roof. The holds were dry and we warmed up with the topout of "Mini Chelem" to avoid any surprises that might pop up when coming from the start. We took our time to work out the moves and as soon as I had done them separately, I was able to send it straight away. I didn't expect it to go down that soon, but had a nice time executing those beautiful moves. Pieter needed much more time to work out the moves, especially for the first one, but somwhat unlike him, he persisted and kept on trying until he stuck it and continued his way to the top. I think I was more happy for him than I was for me when I topped out. It was nice shared moment of joy.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Le Plaid - Mini Chelem 7B



We then briefly tried "Epuration Technique", but no longer being in the cool shade of the roof, the temperature was too high for us both to fully commit and we called it a day. When we then noticed "Balle Perdue" right next to it, we unpacked again and decided to go for a small bonus. I got the bonus quickly, but Pieter had trouble reaching the sloper and gave up after a few attempts. After all, we got what we came for with "Mini Chelem".

Fontainebleau - Boissy Le Plaid - Balle Perdue 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment