Saturday, August 19, 2023

August 19, 2023 - Just (not) in time.

It was a very hot day yesterday and according my weather app, it looked like the same for today, with temperature not dropping below 20°C during the night. Trying to avoid the most heat, I left early this morning to Apremont Bizon and more particularly the far end of the sector, Bout de Bizons. It was a long time ago since I was there last and after walking detours through dense fern fields with ferns up to almost 3m high, I finally found the boulder of "Silver Héraut" again. My intention was to spend some time trying to figure out the start of "Le Pan d'Or", something that I hadn't succeeded in last time.
Unable to immediately figure it out again, I warmed up starting what seemed the most logical way under the roof and topped out in "Silver Héraut". For all I care, this could also be named "Le Pan d'Or (raccourci)".

Fontainebleau - Apremont Bizons - Silver Héraut (départ droite) 7B



Finally, after spending quite some time rebrushing the pillar of the start of "Le Pan d'Or", I ended up finding a way to start. In the meantime, I had felt some drops of rain, but it didn't look like it was going to be anything bad. A couple of attempts later, I topped "Le Pan d'Or", taking my brush stick and small ventilator with me, unwillingly. 

Fontainebleau - Apremont Bizons - Le Pan d'Or 7B+



Only a few minutes later, the occasional drops turned into proper rain to the point I had to take shelter under the roof. About half an hour later, it still hadn't stopped raining and I realized that waiting to try "Electrum" was no longer an option. I remained under my shelter until I thought I saw a window. Thinking I would have enough time to get back to the car, I packed up and left, only to find myself soaking wet after 30m wading back through those high wet ferns. To make things even worse, the window closed and made way for really heavy rain when I was halfway without any place to shelter nearby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment