Sunday, August 6, 2023

August 06, 2023 - Chasing good morale.

It's the last weekend of my three weeks vacation, also known as staying at home without work obligations, and I could feel my body being really tired yesterday when me and Pieter got our asses whipped by the boulders that we chose in Cassepot Roches Grises. We left the area without any topout, but fun nevertheless.
This morning, I felt more rested, but to be on the safe side for the morale, we went to Gorges du Houx Parjure so I could show Pieter some really nice less hard problems and hopefully do some repetitions of problems that I had done back in 2016.
We started with the very nice overhang of "Tribune", back in 2016 still graded 7B, but now 7A+. Even though I repeated it quickly, it could have stayed 7B in my opinion. Pieter needed more time to work out the moves, and when it was all done, executed every move from the start with style and topped out "Tribune" as well. The morale scale was back into 'good'.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Parjure - Tribune 7A+(7B) (repeat)



I really wanted Pieter to try "La Diagonale du Fou", and even though I slipped off the last hold after the dyno, we had to throw in the towel after more than an hour of working in it. It didn't let the morale go down though.
To finish today's session, we made a small detour to find the isolated small roof of "Première Vague Caniculaire". I almost flashed it, made it on my second attempt, followed by Pieter.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Parjure - Première Vague Caniculaire 7A



The slightly extended version went down on our first attempt, and while very fun to do, it didn't feel like it added enough to give it the extra '+' in the grade. In any case, it was nice and good for our morale to end the session as such.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Parjure - Première Vague Caniculaire (rallongé) 7A+(7A)

No comments:

Post a Comment