Sunday, August 13, 2023

August 13, 2023 - Wrong turn.

Another fun session in the roof of "Bicarburation" today with Olaf (Deppe). This long low roof has so many lines on it that it could almost an aera on itself, featuring a hard circuit. The only problem with it is that you need to make sure to remember which problem you are trying and that you don't get lost, as this is exactly what happened today when I went for "Le Bi Haut Woman". After the crux, I seemingly forgot what I was doing and near the end of "A l'Envers", I realized that I was too far passed the part where I should have gone left and topout there. I tried to go back, but it took too long and I was out of power. It was fun, regardless.
On my second attempt, I did take the correct turn and finished "Le Bi Haut Woman".

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - Le Bi Haut Woman 7B+(7C)



The next one that I wanted to try was "Le Bi se Marque (droite)", and even though I could easily get through the first part, I fell off the one before last move a couple of times. The slopers way left weren't completely dry and the conditions on them were not good enough for me. It seemed pointless to continue trying it in those conditions, so I ended my session with a repeat of "Le Bi se Marque" itself, just because it's such a fun problem.
Olaf reached a milestone as he was able to climb the "Bicarburation" crux and on to the topout, meaning that he has now "Bicarburation" in two overlapping parts. It's only a matter of time and a bit of luck now for him to climb the whole line. It's definitely within his reach now and it has been great to see him making progress over the days we climbed together in the roof.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - Le Bi se Marque 7A+ (repeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment