Saturday, June 25, 2022

June 25, 2022 - No time to fail.

First of all, I would like to clarify that the three problems starting with a so called 'bat hang' in Diplodocus mentioned in my previous post a few days ago, didn't feel harder to me personally. I like and am quite good with toehooks, so I realize that for others it can feel substantially harder. The statements I made were a 100% personal observation. Anyone out there trying the problems, should definitely try both possible starts and decide for him or her self. I must add that the bat hang start is much more fun, even though less logical.

This morning, after my youngest class singing show, I had a small window for climbing before the start of the rain. My eye had fallen on the nearby Rocher Guichot, where I though that I had already done all the problems on the "Coup de Force" boulder, but it turned out that there was another variant that I hadn't done yet. I was pleased by that discovery, because when I did a walk with my kids last week, we passed by that boulder and I remember regretting that I had done everything on it already. It's such a beautiful boulder.
"Coup Fourré" was my goal, and even though it was a few years ago when I climbed on the boulder, it didn't take very long to quickly work out the moves before making a real attempt. I turned on the camera and sent "Coup Fourré" without hesitation. Mixed feelings, because now I really have done all lines on the this magnificent boulder.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Guichot - Coup Fourré 7B+



On my way back, I noticed that "Hanneton" was dry and I realized that I hadn't done "Hanneton (gauche)" yet. I could feel the the first drops of rain when I was putting on my shoes and hurried to have at least an attempt before it was wet. I didn't fail though and flashed it with relative ease. Not a second too early.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Guichot - Hanneton (gauche) 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment