Saturday, June 4, 2022

June 04, 2022 - Thumbed.

The weather forecast for today wasn't looking good at the start of the week, but the closer today came, the further out the start of weather was being pushed. Instead of whole day with rain, it turned out to be a hot sunny day, with a thunder storm only starting in the evening.
As it was going to be really hot today, I left early this morning to Boissy Vallée de l'Eglise to try "Faux Pas" before the sun started heating up the boulder. It did rain yesterday and with the forest ground not completely dry yet, it felt a bit humid and the conditions were far from perfect. Some weeks ago, when I was there with Pieter, I had worked out the moves of "Faux Pas", but somehow this method didn't suit me today. After carefully observing the possibilities, I changed a few moves, worked them out and sent "Faux Pas" fairly quickly, mainly using the right thumb to push down on a small sharp spike.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Vallée de l'Eglise - Faux Pas 7B(7A+)



I then spent some time trying "Cliff Hangar (assis)", but when it started to get too hot, I left and walked over to the Boissy aux Cailles area, with the intention to try and hopefully do "Boule de Nerfs" on the big "Hip Hop" boulder. For some reason, I had never bothered trying it before. This one too went down pretty fast, but I will have to go back one day for the sitstart.

Fontainebleau - Boissy aux Cailles - Boule de Nerfs 7A(7A+)

No comments:

Post a Comment