Tuesday, June 21, 2022

June 21, 2022 - Tipping point.

I have to work US hours today, which means that I can start early afternoon, but until midnight. It will take me out of my rhythm, but at least it allowed me to go for a short climb this morning. Even though it had rained during the night, with the boulders warmed up from last weekend, I estimated my chance of finding some dry boulders pretty high. The few new problems in Diplodocus seemed like a good choice.
Indeed, even though the conditions weren't great, the boulders in the area were dry and I walked straight to "La Pousse-Rapière (droite assis)", which I did on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Diplodocus - La Pousse-Rapière (droite assis) 7A



"Magic Rambo (assis)", which exits a bit further on the right took some more attempts, mainly because of the quite morphological aspect to it. Very nice climb though.

Fontainebleau - Diplodocus - Magic Rambo (assis) 7A+



I finished with "La Pousse-Rapière (assis)", which felt quite soft for the proposed grade. It's all about getting the body over the tipping point. Looks easier than it is, but probably not 7B+ in my humble opinion. At least it adds some harder problems to the area.
I will have to go back some day to try and finish the much harder "La Pousse-Rapière (gauche assis)".

Fontainebleau - Diplodocus - La Pousse-Rapière (assis) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment