Thursday, May 26, 2022

May 26, 2022 - Very busy.

With the long weekend for most of us, it promised to be crowded in the forest. It was therefor a calculated choice to finally go and try "V Comme..." in an isolated sector that belongs to the Vallée Ronde area. I had discovered that sector about five or six years ago, with my good friend Maarten, when we were doing a long walk on a rainy day. We definitely were not the first ones to discover it, that was for sure. Many of the boulders were obviously cleaned in the past, but there was nothing to be found yet on bleau.info. I was determined to go back one time on a dry day, but sort of forgot about it until some of the boulders in the sector were published not very long ago, with the beautiful "V Comme..." standing out. Today was finally going to be the day that I was going to try it. 
Knowing the height and sketchy topout of the boulder, I must admt that I was a bit nervous and wisely brought the big Mondo crashpad. It's a heavy pad, but not a luxury for the height of the boulder, especially with my left ankle still swollen and painful, but getting better slowly.
I got the hang of the first part of the problem pretty quickly, but the sketchy mantle was not one that I could figure out easily. I did watch some videos, wanted to try Fred's method first, but that was a no-go. David's method though fit me well and with feeling of relief, I topped out.

Fontainebleau - Vallée Ronde - V Comme... 7A+



The sitstart doesn't add any difficulty and now that I new the method for the topout, it went down immediately.
A really beautiful problem, I liked it a lot.

Fontainebleau - Vallée Ronde - V Comme... (assis) 7A+



I briefly tried "Transylvanie" right next to it, but this is way too morpho. On the way back, I still stopped at "Subside", but after pulling a split in my right index finger, I had gave up for the day. I didn't mind it a lot, because I had quite some work to do in my garden, it was still going to be a busy afternoon, "V Comme..." Very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment