Sunday, May 15, 2022

May 15, 2022 - Easy choice.

When some new boulders are published on bleau.info just before or during the weekend, it makes the decision of where to go easier, especially when it's close to home in a less popular area like Rocher de la Cathédrale.
I left early before the heat, but it was already warm when I was walking towards "Coup de Phil", where Bart (Van Raaij) opened a direct sitstart and a sitstart on the right. I started with the direct sitstart, but no matter how high I pulled myself up on the starting crimps, there was no way for me to reach the high sloper with my foot as low as Bart had. With the crashpad laid down over the busy 25 Bosses path, I quickly gave up and turned to the sitstart on the right. I had a brief look at it and had a hunch that I might send this one quickly so immediately turned on the camera. It went down on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Cathédrale - Coup de Phil (assis droite) 7B+



I then moved to the other part of the area to try the very hard mantle of "Le Réta du Randonneur". I tried until it became too hot, came really close to a send, but nothing more. Damn hard mantle!

1 comment:

  1. Pfffff Filip…7b+ …. Goe bezig man !!!💪💪💪

    ReplyDelete