Saturday, May 7, 2022

May 07, 2022 - Deep dive.

As I couldn't go to Cassepot Roches Grises due to bad weather last Wednesday, I decided to go today. I carried two crashpads, because I wanted to try "Gulf Stream" on the first big boulder when coming from the parking and following the bleu path. It is a high and exposed boulder, so two crashpads were far from an unnecessary luxury.
Yesterday evening, I briefly tried "Entrée de Gamme (assis)" in Roche aux Sabots and apparently I had lost quite a bit of skin, because my fingertips were very sweaty and it was hard to find good friction. I pushed through though and probably had to pull harder than supposed to, and was able to top out. I couldn't find an easy way off, so besides waiting for someone to pass by and move the crashpads, the only option was to aim for the smaller Drop Zone and jump off. It was higher than I expected and landing was painful on my ankles.

Fontainebleau - Cassepot Roches Grises - Gulf Stream 7B



I didn't immediately feel like having to jump down again, I doubted for a minute to try the sitstart, but when I was able to do the moves up to the stand, I decided to switch both crashpads, so I could jump down on the bigger and thicker Mondo to spare my ankles.
The sweaty fingers were annoying, but after pulling even harder than before, I also made it to the top. The jump down wasn't as painful.

Fontainebleau - Cassepot Roches Grises - Gulf Stream (assis) 7B+(7B)



I had hoped to end with trying "Macronavirus", but with the state of my skin, that was a no-go. Instead I ended with "Ewok (droite-gauche)" before walking back to the car. 

Fontainebleau - Cassepot Roches Grises - Ewok (droite-gauche) 7A+



The walk back was painful, especially on my left ankle. The drive went good but every time I had to push down on the clutch to change gears, I couldn't suppress a painful grimace on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment