Sunday, May 22, 2022

May 22, 2022 - Sistren.

This weekend I drove to the Ardennes in Belgium to attend a kind of bachelor party for one of my sisters who is getting married in July. It was only among brothers and sisters, which meant that I was the only man, because I have five sisters and no brother. It was a very enjoyable time that lasted until this morning after breakfast, when I started the long drive back home.
I arrived home early afternoon, allowing me some time for a short break and despite being tired from the weekend and the drive, go for a short climb. I was a bit fed up driving, so I decided to go back to the nearby "Volt Face" boulder in Oncy-sur-Ecole Sud with the intention of trying the lowest possible start of "Vire Volt".
It had apparently rained a bit during the night, because the forest was damp and the three finger pocket under the roof felt humid-ish. Even though the alternate topout was quickly worked out and I still had the sequence of the first part stored in my muscle memory, I slid out of the three finger pocket multiple times, causing me to fail. 
After all, I still managed to topout relatively quickly. Such a nice and fun boulder.

Fontainebleau - Oncy-sur-Ecole Sud - Vire Volt (lowest start) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment