Thursday, May 19, 2022

May 19, 2022 - Anti-style.

I forgot to mention that last Wednesday was my last of fifteen consecutive Wednesdays off work, so with having worked every day again this week, it was really starting to itch today and was in need for a climb. Despite the heat, I left for the nearby La Ségognole area after work with the intention to try "Upa". When I was there and walked around the boulder, I decided to try "L'Enrobade" on the other side of the boulder instead. The fact that it's so close to home and that I never bothered trying it before, says enough about how much it is my anti-style. A wall where with barely no footholds and where everything is about a two finger undercling pocket and very delicate footwork. I figured it would be a good exercise to work on my weaknesses.
It took quite a while before I could do just the first move and stand up up with the small undercling. At some point I even thought about giving up, but as soon as  knew that I could do that move, I had to push on. It's far from over when standing up though, because the next part was even more delicate climbing, all about the feet, balance and trying to reach and hold on to a sharp tiny crimp right hand, only good enough for the skin of two fingertips.
I wasn't sure about the second part of the problem and the heat was pounding, but I persisted, remained focused and topped out. Some very nice delicate climbing with subtle footwork, not my style at all, and maybe the reason why I was so glad with having done it. A real beauty!

Fontainebleau - La Ségognole - L'Enrobade 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment