Saturday, May 14, 2022

May 14, 2022 - Soar ankle.

Since I jumped off the high "Gulf Stream" last week, it's still mildly swollen and hurting pretty bad, especially when walking down the stairs. When I did the fifteen minute walk to the back of Grande Montagne, it bothered me and couldn't stop limping near the end. It was only going to be a short climb today as I had to be back on time to bring my oldest son to the train station so he could go back to Paris in the early afternoon. My initial intention was to try and hopefully climb the quite hard "Eau de Vie", I had done the boulder in two overlapping parts last time, so my hopes were high.
Even though I was able to work out a better sequence for the second part now, somehow, I couldn't get through the first part anymore. I could have spent all the time I had on it, but I chose to move up the hill and try "Come On Fatch" instead. I had tried it briefly on one of my previous visits, but couldn't find a good beta and I was there with the intent of trying "Eau de Vie" anyway. Today, I took my time to study and work out the moves and as soon as I felt ready, I sent it quite quickly.

Fontainebleau - Grande Montagne - Come On Fatch 7A+



There was still some time left, so I turned to "Roncevaux" right next to "Come On Fatch". Last time, I had done a sitstart on the right of the arete, which felt the same grade as the real sitstart of "Roncevaux", on the left of the arete. It only took a couple of minutes to figure out the first move, and I sent it on my first attempt after putting on the camera. Like I thought, about the same grade, maybe even slightly easier than the sitstart on the right.

Fontainebleau - Grande Montagne - Roncevaux (assis) 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment