Wednesday, May 4, 2022

May 04, 2022 - The sixth sense.

I had planned to visit the Cassepot Roches Grises area today, but it had started raining during the night and a mild rain that lasted until this afternoon kept everything wet. It cleared up a bit late afternoon and when I saw it drying, I decided to leave for a climb. It was already almost 17h though so I stayed close to home and went to the "Vandale" boulder in Rocher Cailleau. I wasn't about about what to try exactly, but there are enough lines on that big boulder to have several options, depending on how my shape would be, for sure, the bowl of muesli that I ate in the morning was already digested, so I didn't expect to have a whole lot of energy.
I started playing in "Alien", but when I noticed that I would more time than just an hour in the evening, I decided to spend the time on "Le Sixième Sens" instead. Maybe it wasn't the best choice considering my low energy levels, because it turned out to be a long line on very bad slopers. On top of that, it was very noticeable that the conditions weren't as good as the weeks before. After all, the rain had made the air humidity drastically and the slopers were hard to stick. I needed a few minutes to recover between attempts and when I kind of least expected it due to a bad sequence at the start, I managed to top it out. I just barely made it, my arms were pumped and I was out of breath, but it was done.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Le Sixième Sens 7B+(7C)

No comments:

Post a Comment