Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 29, 2020 - Skin-burn.

What I thought would be another short session to scout and try some of the boulders in the further end of Justice de Noisy behind "San Ku Kai", turned out to be well over four hours. Most of the time though, consisted of creating a small path between the high and dense ferns for future visits.
Unfortunately, a lot of the boulders that I was able to locate need some re-brushing and it was too hot to be busy with such intense work. The nice boulder of "Les Tuniques Bleues" on the other hand, was completely in the shade and already clean enough after some slaps with a towel. It looks a lot like "San Ku Kai", but the difficulty, not quite, at least for my size.

The first part is not very hard, but coming around the nose to reach the best part of the sloper on the far left was a hard battle.
The bad slopers were a little sandy at first and trying to avoid bad falls between two boulders, I had no choice but to scrape my hands, arms and upper body over the grainy surface, leaving big abrasions and burns all over them. I already knew at that moment that I would be singing in the shower this evening.

Personally, I rather estimate this to be hard 7A+. If the first part would have been a bit harder, it could even be 7B. Nevertheless, absolutely a very nice problem and perfect for in Summer.
The holds under the roof are very fragile, so please only try this after a long dry period and when the holds are completely dry.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Les Tuniques Bleues 7A+(7A)




We are only halfway Summer and I already had to remove my seventh tick. They are having a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment