Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 09, 2020 - Hot relief.

It has been quite a week up to now, and mentally, I needed a little break this evening. It was a pleasant coincidence that I had some extra time for climbing after work, so despite the heat, I went to Coquibus Auvergne.
My initial plan was to try some of the lines on the boulder of "Le Crunch Stat'", but just as I actually remembered, the landing below the boulder was a bit too exposed to try alone or with only one crashpad.
So instead, I decided to spend some time in the relatively unknown "Le Drapeau Noir".

It's difficult to find "Le Drapeau Noir" in completely dry conditions during the colder seasons, but in during long hot a dry periods like now, humidity is not really the problem. It's rather the heat that adds to the difficulty.
I had tried it a few times, but never long. If it wasn't because of the conditions, then it was because I couldn't find the how to move through the problem.
This evening though, I was really psyched and to my big surprise, was able to work out the moves quite quickly.
For a moment I feared that the heat would prevent me from doing the problem in its whole, but somehow, I managed to work my way from start to finish.
Really nice problem this one, much nicer than it looks at first sight.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Auvergne - Le Drapeau Noir 7B(7B+)


No comments:

Post a Comment