Sunday, July 12, 2020

July 12, 2020 - City tripping.

My oldest son Anthony had to take the train today from Paris to Bordeaux and then on to Mimizan near the Atlantic Ocean to join a friend on vacation.
As his train was leaving early afternoon from the station Gare de Montparnasse, I used the occasion to also take my youngest Noah and spend the morning together in Paris before bringing Anthony to the station.
I was surprised by the crowd, or rather the lack thereof, when we walked from Centre Pompidou, passed the Hotel de Ville, which actually isn't a hotel, but the town hall, and on to the Notre Dame.

Anthony & Noah in front of the "Hotel de Ville" near the "Notre Dame" in Paris.

Back home in the afternoon, I still had some time to climb.
It was already the hottest moment of the day, but luckily I found some shade just below the top of the hill of Châteauveau.
The topout however was on warm slopers and with the sun straight into my face.
The sound of the text notification of my phone at the start of the video, by the way, was Anthony updating me that he arrived in Bordeaux and found the train that had to take him towards Ychoux, near Mimizan. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't relieved.

Fontainebleau - Châteauveau - L'Invité du Jour 7A+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment