Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March 27, 2019 - Last effort.

When I looked back at all the climbing that I was able to do during my time off work from last Friday until today, I had to admit that I couldn't complain at all, on the contrary.
Especially taken into account that I repeated quite some problems but didn't film them because I already had a video of them.
Except for "Mucho Bueno (assis)" in Rocher des Souris, that I still managed to squeeze out using my last bits of power and final layer of skin that only had one night for it to grow back as much as possible.

The boulder of "Mucho Bueno" is very isolated and well hidden, especially during Spring and Summer, when the boulder gets surrounded by big ferns.
It was in the midst of Summer 2015 when I had finally found it after looking for it for several evenings in a row. I remember that I was disappointed to do it on my first attempt after quickly working out the moves back then, but was also relieved that I didn't have to the effort again for finding the boulder back. I can't remember why I didn't have it on video, but for some reason, I didn't.

Wanting to have it on video was one of the reasons why I did try to find the boulder back for a few times, but never managed to find it again until today, when I walked more or less straight to it when walking past the boulder of "Squeeze Me". I didn't bring any climbing shoes, nor crashpad though, but as I still had the light Drop Zone in the car, the effort for going back to get some gear was left to a minimum.

I wasn't able to do it on my first attempt this time, but needed a lot more. The pain on the skin of my fingertips was almost unbearable, but the motivation was greater and I knew it was going to be the last effort of my short period off work.

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Souris - Mucho Bueno (assis) 7A




I still went climbing with my kids later in the afternoon, but didn't do anything harder than blue ones though.

No comments:

Post a Comment