Saturday, March 23, 2019

March 23, 2019 - Boy cried wolf.

I had soar muscles when I woke up this morning, but Pieter and Alberto were around, and we had rendez-vous on the parking of Rocher de Corne-Biche, where we agreed to go climbing.
There were no projects in Rocher de Corne-Biche that I had waiting, but I looked forward to hang around with them and have some fun while climbing no matter what problem.
There was a dense fog in the morning, and we had to wait until early afternoon before the sun slowly started to pierce through and turn the grey in a clear blue sky.

I warmed up with a quick repeat of "Éclats (droite)" and Pieter did "Pavlova de Pont Loup" quite quickly too.
Soon after, I flash repeated "32 Millièmes", immediately followed by Pieter with a real flash for him.
Alberto was fighting some harder blue ones and seemed to be determined to do the whole circuit, a not so easy one for blue.
We worked a while in "Papa Gaga", found a method, but will need to come back for it. It was too hard for today.

Pieter and I had found the isolated boulder of "Esprit Tutélaire" relatively quickly, albeit with some luck, and decided to give it a go.
I made it on my second attempt, but repeated it again for a cleaner ascent, as my foot touched the crashpad when coming loose and I did have the feeling that it had helped me.
The second time was a clean one.
Pieter needed a few more goes, but also ticked this one off fast.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Corne-Biche - Esprit Tutélaire 7A+(7B)




While we were deciding what boulder to go to next, we heard a loud scream that repeated itself a couple of times and Pieter jumped up thinking that Alberto or maybe another climber might have taken a bad fall.
We ran towards where the screams came from, but it turned out to be playing children. Alberto was half way the blue circuit.

The next stop was "Contorsionniste", but there seems to be a broken hold under the roof and we couldn't find a way at all to even come close.
I didn't see Alberto anymore when I left, but I'm curious to hear from him tomorrow up to where he made it on the blue circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment