Sunday, March 3, 2019

March 03, 2019 - The living dead.

Due to an extremely busy schedule with very long days at work, I felt exhausted on Friday. Add to that, the fact that I had to drive for almost nine hours straight yesterday, made me feel like a zombie.
After a good and longer night of sleep, I felt better this morning, but still felt like one of the living dead.
Still, just before 10h this morning, I already left to Apremont Ouest, not being sure if the boulders would be dry after yesterday's and last night's bits of rain.
I was hoping that the strong wind and dry air would do a good enough job to allow me to climb.
To be sure, I had a look without crashpads first, but quickly realised that I would have to go back for them. Almost everything was blown dry, and even in very good conditions.

To avoid potential crowds, I had planned to try some of the new boulders opened by Tony (Fouchereau) and Thierry (Vasseur), as I knew that most of them were isolated from the main area where it can get quite busy in the weekends.

I wanted to warm up with "L'Origine du Monde", which didn't look very hard, but it did take me while before I found a good method. It wasn't as straight forward as it looked.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - L'Origine du Monde 7A(7A+)




I briefly tried the moves from the "L'Origine du Monde (assis)", but it felt too morpho and I was distracted by the nearby and also new "Crise d'Imagination". A small boulder that looked to be in my style, explosif.

Basically, this one comes down to one very hard morpho move from a tiny crimp to a very bad sloper.
Not to start any discussion or anything, but I'm quite convinced that this will feel less hard when you're taller.
Fun lowball!

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Crise d'Imagination 7B




The skin on my fingertips was already starting to wear off slowly, but my mind was now set on the beautiful line of "Arcobleau". I wonder if they forgot an 'H' in that name that though.
When I was working out the problem, I came to the conclusion that the standing start was very much worth the effort on itself and felt like a good 7B.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Arcobleau 7B




I doubted if I still had enough energy left to also send the sitstart, the original problem, but I persisted to establish a near perfect flow in movement.
The last moves gave me very hard time, but after taking a longer break, I was glad to tick this beauty off. To be honest, I had already taken peace with the fact having to come back for it.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Arcobleau (assis) 7B+




My skin was really worn now, but on the way back home, I made a quick stop at Rocher des Souris to see what I would still be worth trying some variations on the boulder of "Squeeze Me".
The only thing that I could still squeeze out though, was a logical sitstart of "Fokechnikov", making it about 6C+(7A) with the extra couple of delicate moves.

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Souris - Fokechnikov (assis) 6C+(7A)




I felt relieved and more or less alive again after this good climbing session. Ready for a new hectic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment