Friday, March 15, 2019

March 15, 2019 - Going live.

More than six months ago, I started working with some colleagues in the US, on a big company IT integration project.
Tonight, at midnight my time, we will start with the actual go-live, a huge and exciting moment, but it also means working all weekend, days and nights and making sure of the aftercare next week.
Luckily, I was able to take a long break during the day, so I went out into the forest.

This morning it was still soaking wet after a whole night of rain, but there was a lot of wind and I decided to have a look at the recently opened "Le Mono Orphelin", near the top op the hill of J.A. Martin.
Out in the open and catching a lot of wind, it was dry, but the conditions weren't excitingly good, the air felt still too humid.

Don't be fooled by how easy the standing start might look.
It did give me quite some trouble and starting with the right hand on the bad vertical crimp made it feel more like a 7A.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Le Mono Orphelin 6C(6C+)




The sitstart basically only adds one hard dynamic move from a mono left hand to a very bad sloper.
Staying in position requires a lot of body tension and makes the next move, the first one of the standstart, much more difficult.
It took me quite some effort and the final send came as a nice surprise. I hadn't expected to send it, to be honest.
Beautiful line that could deserve an extra '+' to that grade if you ask me.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Le Mono Orphelin (assis) 7B




Have to prepare to pick up work again now. We're going live!

No comments:

Post a Comment