Monday, March 25, 2019

March 25, 2019 - Out of this world.

I'm still off work until Wednesday, but it's Monday, so already before 9h, my cellphone rang. I let it go to voicemail and still didn't listen to it.
I wanted and needed to completely disconnect. One of the reasons that I chose to go the beautiful and calm area of Les Béorlots. In most sectors there, there is no cellular reception at all.

It was still quite early, and there was a light chilly breeze from time to time, but the sky was clear and the sun was already warming up the air.
I like Les Béorlots a lot, at times it even reminds of the Coquibus, the type of forest might be different, but it's also one of these areas where nature still rules.
When I approached the area, I was watching my cellphone when I made that last step into the disconnected world and it suddenly said "No Service". It felt like a relief and I enjoyed the beautiful surroundings with much more conscience. This moment was mine alone.

First I wanted to try some of the boulders that Theo Konstantakopoulos (later referred to as Theo in this post) had opened not very long ago in the Northern and Western sectors.
I don't how tall Theo is, but he must be taller than me, because morphologically, I couldn't find a way to work myself through "Test de Pression" in the North sector.

In the Ouest sector on the other hand, I quite quickly found myself on top of "Hole in One", even though not unbruised.

Fontainebleau - Les Béorlots Ouest - Hole in One 7B




Taking my time walk from sector to sector, whilst enjoying the beauty and silence, I tried some problems in between and managed to top out the very nice "Risque d'Avalanche".

Fontainebleau - Les Béorlots - Risque d'Avalanche 7B




I was almost back at the car when I had reception again and instantly a text message came in.
Luckily it was only my oldest son asking me if I could go and get him at bus station in Milly-la-Forêt after school. I'm in holiday, of course I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment