Sunday, March 24, 2019

March 24, 2019 - Cookie anyone ?

I was meeting Alberto and Pieter on the parking of the Croix St. Jerôme this morning, but it was very crowded and I was lucky to find a spot. It looked liked it was one of the last, because they had to park down the street in the village.
It was nice to also find Bram, his girlfriend Ruuth, and Stef parked there too and we all went to warm up on the nearby boulder of "Squeeze Me".
Everybody seemed to have lost a skin a lot of skin and had soared fingers, but after warming up, Pieter and I went to Rocher des Souris, while the others headed on to the 95.2 area.

Pieter wanted to try the beautiful "Kric-Crak" that I did a couple of weeks ago, but he needed some encouragement, so I showed him how to do it by repeating it on my first attempt. Those moves were still so familiar, it was as if I had climbed it only yesterday.
Pieter needed to build some confidence, but closer with every try and found himself standing on top of the boulder a bit later. I completely remember how much joy I felt when I did for the first time, and  looking at him, I'm sure he felt, and still feels, the same.

We then moved back down the hill to try "Prouesse (assis)", but our fingers just couldn't cope with those razor sharp crimps anymore.
I did do some kind of variation of it by using a high crimp on the right, making it about 7A, but fun to do. You could say that it was "Prouesse (assis)" with a 'biscuit'.
I haven't found any information about this variation, so for the time being, I just called it "Prouesse Biscuit (assis)".

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Souris - Prouesse Biscuit (assis) 7A




Our last bits of energy were spent on both doing the standing start at the edge of the roof and finishing in "Yoguignol".

No comments:

Post a Comment