Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 13, 2016 - Anarchy.

It's obvious that I need a rest, but as long as the weather allows it, I just can't resist the soft sandstone calling me into the forest!

I wanted to try "Ludus" in Cuvier Nord, but my body wasn't able to follow anymore. The conditions were not really good, but it can't serve as an excuse now. My body is tired.
So I put myself into "Makhno", the short traverse on good crimps but with a hard swing to take to get to the jugs.
At first I wanted to give this 7A+ on bleau.info, but I changed my mind, realising that when rested I would do this much easier.

Jean-Claude Valluet once told about me the history behind its name.
It comes from Nestor Ivanovych Makhno. He was a Ukranian anarcho-communist revolutionary and the commander of an independent anarchist army in Ukraine during the Russian Civil War of 1917-1922. (source Wikipedia)
Several other problems have been named after him, "Makhnovtchina" (7C, Rocher de la Reine) and "Le Mouvement Makhanoviste" (7B, Coquibus Vendée) are two of them.
If I remember correctly, Jean-Claude has been involved in the cleaning of all related problems but were left to open by fellow climbers.

But so far the short history lesson.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Nord - Makhno 7A



No comments:

Post a Comment