Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016 - Ticking off.

When driving home from work, I stopped at Isatis to finally retry "Le Faux Baquet".
I had tried it once many years ago, and had forgotten about it since. All in all, there is so much to do in Isatis that I tend to forget about problems I still wanted to finish.
Apparently it was in May 2009, the day I did "Plastikman". Keeping track of done ascents on bleau.info can be a good way to retrace the years.

I didn't realise it was already 7 years ago, but I did remember that I found it way too hard to do the far dynamic move towards the 'false jug' (hence the name of the problem).
The big pocket near the top looks like a jug, but it is actually a flat sloper, unlike the other holds in the problem.
This time, the move was possible, but I did have to go deep to send it.
Anyway, I was glad I could tick this one off.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Le Faux Baquet 7A




At home, I had to ask remove a tick that did find its way to my armpit. Luckily the tick came off quite easily.
I've been struck with Lyme disease a couple of years ago and I can tell you it's no joke! I truly hate those tiny pesky little ticks!!

After diner, I felt tired, but as the rain will return tomorrow, I wanted to still do something.
I browsed bleau.info a bit to look for a quick win, and it had to be close to home due to the lack of time left.
Rocher des Souris was a good option and I went straight for "Mistoufly". A 7A dyno on the boulder of "La Souris Verte".
Last time I was on up there on the hill of Rocher des Souris, was when I finally did "Ratatouille" after having worked several evenings on it about a year ago.
I followed the red path and it felt nice being there again. It felt like coming home after a long trip.

When I went off the red path, I had to find my way through dense bushes and ferns to get to the boulder, hoping not to catch yet another tick.
But then, there it was, the beautiful high boulder, hidden on the East face of the steep hill.

It didn't take me long to do it, but for some reason I felt nervous about the topout as I didn't know what to expect. In the end it was really ok and a couple of tries later it was ticked off.

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Souris - Mistoufly 7A




Briefly it crossed my mind to try "La Souris Verte". It is in the top 5 highest rated problems for the grade, and when looking at it, I can understand why, but it is very expo and I didn't want to risk making a bad fall. 
One day with some more people and crashpads, I will try it.
It would be a nice one to tick off!

No comments:

Post a Comment