Friday, July 15, 2016

July 15, 2016 - Short short short, long long long, short short short.

I went to Rocher du Télégraphe this morning to check out the new (re)opened problems along the former blue path and near the blue circuit. Of course I also tried a couple of them.

It's not the most popular area and, to be honest, it probably never will be for some reasons.
I went straight to the top of the hill so I could work my way down.
On the top, I first tried "Pudding à l'Arsenic (debout)" which took me quite some tries before I was able to finish it.
The original, the sitstart followed soon after.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Pudding à l'Arsenic 7A




I really felt tired before I started climbing, and on my way up the hill, when I passed by "Carabistouille", I stopped and looked at it and it just looked way too hard in the state I was in.
Now, however, after having done "Pudding à l'Arsenic", I was warmed up and the tone was set so I went back down to try "Carabistouille".
I was able to do the first move quicker than I had expected. The next moves followed soon, but everything had to be synch before I was able to link it all together.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Carabistouille 7A




It was starting to get warmer now, but I still wanted to try "Prouepriagenoux", about 10m down the blue path from there.
It looks really easy, and I thought I might be able to flash it, but I was wrong, and I was set on the wrong method due to its name.
The method to which its name refers might have worked for Tony who is a very tall guy, but I had to use a toe- and heelhook.
Also, I'm sure that Tony would have been able to do it differently than me. I was inches away of using a static method. Inches that Tony has.
Anyway, I made it, but I must say that it looks much easier than one would expect.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Prouepriagenoux 7A




For those who don't know, "short short short, long long long, short short short" is the Morse code for SOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment