Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 06, 2016 - Like a monk.

Another quick stop at Bois Rond on the way home today.
Didn't immediately know what to do, but as the first part of the area was deserted, I found a small 7A traverse-ish problem that was quite worth it.
A bit soft for the grade, but the heat of today made up for it on the slopers.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond - Bouddha Peste 7A




I had the honour meeting Jacky Guinot who was repainting the blue circuit.
It's a true monk's work and I have a lot of respect and admiration for those willing to put their time and effort in it.
Jacky even agreed to have his picture taken for the blog.
Without the circuits, Bleau wouldn't be what it is now.

Jacky Guinot, here repainting blue 24 in Bois Rond.

For my short after diner session I only had one problem in mind.
It had been a couple of dry and warm days, so "Zen" it would be!

My patience was rewarded because for the first time, I found every hold on it dry. My only hope was that the slopers on the nose wouldn't be too warm and would still stick enough for the ascent.
I did it quickly, on my second ascent, but when I stood on top, I could have kicked myself in the nuts if it was possible. When I looked at the camera, I saw that it had tipped over, and even facing the other direction.
I had attached the gorilla-pod to a small tree, so the camera was kind of hanging on the pod.
It seemed that the screw that fixes the camera in position wasn't tight enough and the camera had tipped over due to its own weight.
I checked the video and the ascent wasn't on it. I had to do it again if I wanted to have a video of it.
After reattaching the camera to the tree and making sure the screw was tight enough, I set off for another ascent and cruised through it fast.

I got two times "Zen" for the same price!

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots Sud - Zen 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment