Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24, 2016 - Misfits (direct debout).

Short after diner session to disconnect from all the stress.
After having done "Misfits" a couple of days ago, I felt like trying the other version, "Misfits (direct)".
The first move from the sitstart is really hard and I didn't warm up or stretch, so I started trying the direct version with a standing start.
This turned out to be a really nice problem on itself and I asked Jean-Pierre to create a separate page for it as it's well worth it.
When you start with the same holds as in the video, it will be a hard 7A or even a soft 7A+.
It are less moves in the beginning than for the classical version of "Misfits", but they are a bit harder.
It took me a while to finish it off.

Fontainebleau - Roche au Four - Misfits (direct debout) 7A(7A+)




I was warmed up, lost some energy on it but still tried the sitstart a couple of times. 
Now I was able to stick the first deadpoint move but was too spooked that I had it to continue.
Some other time soon, it was fine for me, I like that quiet spot there. Again I saw nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment