Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 07, 2016 - Minecraft.

It promised to be a hot crowded day again and Bruno, Maarten, Svenneke and I had decided the evening before to go to Le Calvaire to at least be away from the crowds.
It turned out to be a good decision because apart from 2 other climbers and some hikers we were alone out there.

I had looked up some possibilities to do there this morning, and "Mauvaise Mine" was going to be my main project for the day.
It starts with good holds in the back of the roof, uses good holds to go for good holds on the edge of the roof and then some less good holds to pull yourself onto the boulder.

I have no idea why it has the proposed grade of 7A+(7B).
I flashed with ease.
Even though I had seen a short video of it in the morning, and knew what to do in the end, it's no more than soft 7A according to me.

Fontainebleau - Le Calvaire - Mauvaise Mine 7A+(7B)




Immediately after that I did "Meilleure Mine", a 6C next to it.
In my opinion the topout of this one is slightly more difficult.

This gave me the idea of creating a variation by starting in "Mauvaise Mine", climbing it up to the edge of the roof and continue going to the right to exit in "Meilleure Mine".

I couldn't find any reference for the variation having been done before, so I called it "Quelle Mine" and propose about 7A(7A+) as a grade.

Fontainebleau - Le Calvaire - Quelle Mine 7A(7A+) FA


No comments:

Post a Comment