Sunday, May 1, 2016

May 01, 2016 - Where was the sun?

It has been a while since my last post.
Not because I didn't climb, but mainly because Maarten stayed over for a week and there were other things to do than sitting behind the computer writing an update.

Anyway, there is not that much to mention because unfortunately, the last week was one with a lot of rain, especially short showers making everything too wet to climb.

Tuesday, we went to Cul de Chien.
Frequent short rain showers made the boulders wet, but at least in Cul de Chien, they dry quickly in between.
Normally you wouldn't see me going there quickly, but as it was a weekday, it wasn't crowded.
The humid conditions didn't allow me to try anything hard, but I did do an ascent of "Le Surplomb Inconnu!", a relatively unknown boulder between 91.1 and Cul de Chien.

Fontainebleau - Cul de Chien - Le Surplomb Inconnu! 6C(6C+)




Wednesday, a normal weekday we risked going to Franchard Isatis.
The first part of the area, was pretty crowded, even for a Wednesday, so we went to the far part of Isatis.
I quickly repeated "Abdolobotomy" for the video as a warmup, we had some fun on the orange and blue boulders, did some tries in "La Memel" until it started raining again in the early afternoon.
It was a short but fun session.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Abdolobotomy 7A




Thursday was finally a day that was announced to be one without rain.
Apremont Désert, and especially the part where most new boulders have been opened the last couple of years, seemed like a good idea.

I went for the quick(er) wins and kept most harder problems as a project.
As I was with Maarten as a visitor, I didn't want to spend too much time on too hard problems. I didn't want to let him wait too long, and either way, I know I will go back soon again.

The hardest part of "Dévers et des pas Durs (droite debout)" is probably remembering its name.
Different problems on this small boulder. All with stand, low and sitstart.
The lower you start, the harder it gets, obviously.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - Dévers et des Pas Durs (droite debout) 7A




"Longévité" was for me the easiest one. I missed the last move on the flash attempt, but then did it second GO.

Fontainebleau - Aprémont Désert - Longévité 7A



"Le Teletebbies" is one of the older problems of the area.
Even though it shares a lot with a yellow problem, the slopers and mantle make its grade.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - Le Teletebbies 7A



Finally, "Le Dolmen des Jeunes (debout)" comes in my category 'been there, done that'.
Nothing special. Weird start trying to not touch the boulder in your back, which was the hardest part.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - Le Dolmen des Jeunes (debout) 7A


Next week the weather will be better with temperatures around and over 20°C.
Conditions will probably be a bit less then, but at least we will see some sun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment