Monday, May 2, 2016

May 02, 2016 - One for Moemoe.


Yesterday evening I received from my dad the sad news that his mother, my beloved grandma "Moemoe", had passed away some moments earlier.
She was already old, had had a long life, but the news came unexpected, it was hard to believe.
I felt sad, but I tried to think of the fact that she had seen her children and grandchildren grow up, and had already lots of grand-grandchildren seen born.
It would have been nice for her to have seen them grow up too, but time, faith, had decided differently.
Today was a busy day at work and it was a good distraction but on the way back home, I had time to think. I felt like I had to do something for Moemoe.

Roche au Four is a small, relatively unknown area between Justice de Chambergeot and 95.2.
There are only a handful of boulders and they are spread out.
One of them is a completely isolated boulder with 4 seventh grade problems on it. 
Four beautiful problems.

I had been trying two of them for a couple of days now, and I determined that at least one of them had to go down, I wanted to do that for Moemoe, my kind of tribute to her.

I tried both of them and managed to do only one of them, but it was one for Moemoe. 
That moment I felt connected to her and was able to say farewell.

Beautiful movements on a perfect boulder. Opened as a 7A(7B), I think 7A+ is spot on.
It didn't go down without a fight, but I did it.

Moemoe, this one is for you! Rest in Peace!!

Fontainebleau - Roche au Four - Demi-Mesure 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment