Saturday, October 2, 2021

October 02, 2021 - Get yours now.

The website https://bleau.info is without a doubt the number one source of bouldering in and around Fontainebleau. Since 2001, the site has kept up to date nearly all problems that have been opened in the forest. With over 34500 problems, divided into 269 areas, and growing almost every day, the database has become huge. It's one of the the permanent tabs on my internet browser and I refresh it at least once every day to keep up with new problems. All this information has always been available for free, and sometimes I wonder how I would do without it.
I never realized the costs to keep this site alive until a few weeks ago, when I read on their newsletter about the T-shirts that they are now selling to support the site. I didn't have to think twice about ordering one.
I got mine yesterday and feel good about having contributed my small share. As a matter of fact, it should almost be a moral obligation for everyone who uses the site regularly, so go ahead and get yours now here: Bleau.info.

They announced bad weather for the weekend, but I was glad to see this morning that the rain was only going to start in the afternoon. It did rain yesterday afternoon and evening and everything was wet, but I headed to Justice de Noisy, knowing about at least a few boulders that dry quickly there.
I passed many wet boulders before arriving at the big one with "Dure Limite", and low and behold, it was sitting in the morning sun, and dry.
I had tried it before, but never was able to match both hands in the crack, which looks good, but has only a few very bad slopey crimps. With the lower temperature, the friction was slightly better, but still those slopey crimps felt very hard to hold long enough for the next move. Persistence paid off though and I was able to top out "Dure Limite (gauche)". The crux is definitely matching both hands in the slopey crack and making the next move.
I also tried "Dure Limite" itself, which is supposed to be slightly easier, but had to give up after more than an hour non stop trying. It didn't bother me much though. It's a great boulder to go back to anyway.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Dure Limite (gauche) 7C

No comments:

Post a Comment