Saturday, October 23, 2021

October 23, 2021 - Two princes.

It was a good idea from Pieter to go to Rocher des Princes. Last time I was there, must have been in 2017 when I did "Monaco", but left without trying anything in the sector of "Le Prince d'Orange". The landings were too exposed and, being alone with only one crashpad, I didn't dare to try anything, so left empty handed. Now there was both of us, each carrying a pad, so there was no excuse for not trying.
We warmed up in "Prince of Persia", which I did on my first attempt, followed soon after by its beautiful sitstart.

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Princes - Prince of Persia (assis) 7A(7A+)



Pieter came very close, but didn't feel like he had enough in him to finish with the high mantle. I couldn't find a method for passing the crux of "Prince of Persia (droite assis)", so we moved to the beautiful boulder of "Le Prince d'Orange" right next to it.
"Le Prince d'Orange" was on my list ever since I visited the sector in 2017, and after trying the last move to the top, I made it on my first attempt when coming from the start. A very nice line that turned out to fit me quite well.
Pieter only needed a handful of attempts before making it to the top, but it was nice and clean.

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Princes - Le Prince d'Orange 7A



Next up was "Prince Monseigneur", which I flashed with relative ease. The left shoulder move and placing the heelhook on the right didn't pose me much trouble, as opposed to Pieter, who couldn't get his heel high and far enough. He needs to work on his flexibility, something I have been hearing from him for quite some time already.

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Princes - Prince Monseigneur 7A(7A+)



A few times, I came very close, falling on the last move, of "Prince Monseigneur (droite)". Working out the moves to the right had taken its toll and left me with not enough energy anymore to struggle my way up. This one will be for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment