Saturday, October 9, 2021

October 09, 2021 - Spot on spotted.

A beautiful sunny day today, and as it was forecasted to be like this the whole weekend, Pieter had made the journey to be in the forest. We agreed to meet at Coquibus Grandes Vallées. It was a pleasant surprise when he told me that Denis (Brissinck) was going to join us a bit later.
We warmed up in the small roof of "Réunion sans BG" and "Réunion sans BD" and returned the big boulder of "Haine Ordi Nerf" afterwards. There are many problems with many variants on that boulder, and I had already quite a few of them, but hadn't done "Haine Ordi Nerf" yet, so it was the version that we started with. I needed some time to find a method that suited me, but in the end I was able to work out all the moves. In the meantime, Denis had joined us, so it was time for a little break before going for the complete "Haine Ordi Nerf".
About fifteen minutes later, I felt ready to tackle it and set off. It all went like a flow, until I was doing the last move to the jug high up when my left foot slipped and I fell out unexpectedly and in a uncontrolled way. Pieter was luckily there and with a spot on spot, he prevented me from falling onto the small boulder that he was standing on. Thanks again to Pieter for the excellent and attentive spot, I felt guilty that he hurt his arm in the process of saving me from getting potentially badly injured.
It was quite a scare, but barely two minutes later, I set off for another attempt. It was comforting to notice from the corner of my eye that Denis was there to spot as well, so with all my courage I went for the last move and stuck it this time.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Grandes Vallées - Haine Ordi Nerf 7B+



Pieter was able to do a nice ascent of "Délit de Sale Nom" after a short break before we joined Denis on the top of the hill. The view there is really stunning and I couldn't resist trying out the panorama function of my phone for the first time.


The beautiful view from the hilltop of Coquibus Grandes Vallées.


No comments:

Post a Comment