Wednesday, October 6, 2021

October 06, 2021 - Harder on the right.

I had a little bit of time this evening after work, so I went back to the boulder of "Dure Limite" in Justice de Noisy to try and hopefully finish the version to the right, "Dure Limite (droite)". Even though it was already evening, I had never seen so many climbers in the area, especially in that far part of it. To my pleasant surprise though, one of them was Laurent (Darlot) who was there with Christian Mérimeche and Jeff (not sure if I write this correctly though). I know Laurent already for quite some time and have bumped in to him many times in the forest, but I only knew Christian and Jeff from pictures, so it was nice to meet them in real life.
Laurent was at the end of his session, but I still witnessed him topping out "Dure Limite (gauche)", the version I had done a few days ago. Laurent being shorter with shorter arms than mine, did need to an additional move, making it come visibly closer to the proposed 7C. Before he left, he gave me some beta for the right version, the one that I failed to do last time.
I spent at least an hour last time failing, and when I first started, it didn't feel like I was going to make today neither. The motivation was high though, and I started feeling confident quickly. It was maybe twenty minutes after Laurent left, that I was able to work my way to the top, leaving aesthetics far behind while whaling up. This version definitely felt harder and more scary to me than the left one and might as well be 7C if you ask me.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Dure Limite (droite) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment