Sunday, August 1, 2021

August 01, 2021 - Return of the rain.

The rain that they predicted for today didn't look to be near when I left for Franchard Sablons Carriers this morning, but I somehow had a feeling that it would have to hurry a little bit.
I made a first stop at "Idle Hands", which looked flashable, but took me some tries to work out the crux move. Quite hard for the proposed 7A. I would even put it at 7A+.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons Carriers - Idle Hands 7A(7A+)



Not far from there, I made a quick flash of "Whale Party". Classified as traverse, but basically the most logical line on that boulder when starting on the left side of the overhang.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons Carriers - Whale Party 7A



I repeated "Party Whale" also on my first attempt, but had actually already flashed this almost a year ago, wearing my normal skate shoes after I had done "Devil's Plaything" and only had a look at the other boulders that were opened in that sector.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons Carriers - Party Whale 7A(6C+)



On the boulder almost next to it, I made a fairly quick ascent of "Point of View". Good that it went quite quick, because barely a few minutes after, a rain shower made the top of the boulder wet.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons Carriers - Point of View 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment