Sunday, August 29, 2021

August 29, 2021 - Fire in the hole.

I was in Belgium this weekend to celebrate the birthday of one of my family members, but left for home immediately after breakfast. This gave me still some to climb this afternoon after a long four hour drive. I felt a bit tired from the drive, but the motivation was there.
Having driven enough for the day, I didn't go far and revisited the nearby Rocher du Guetteur where I wanted to try "Backdraft" again. I had already tried this several times, but never found a method that worked for me to reach the lip of the roof.
This time though, I paid attention to every detail and took my time to work out the move to the lip. As soon as I got the hang of that move, I knew that it was possible, setup the camera and topped it right away.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Guetteur - Backdraft 7B(7A+)



Next, I took my time to work out the moves of the right exit, which didn't take very long, but wasn't all too convenient. Nevertheless, I managed to top "Backdraft (droite)" immediately after pressing record again on the camera. I felt on fire.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Guetteur - Backdraft (droite) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment