Saturday, August 14, 2021

August 14, 2021 - Cas Contact.

I hadn't planned on going to Mont Aigu, but as I had to bring my oldest son to Fontainebleau this morning, I decided to go there.
There wasn't much that I wanted to try, but "Cas Contact (direct)" was definitely on the list. Seeming to fit my style, it was potentially a quick deal, but looking at how many times the opener, Manuel (Marquès), fell on the last, dynamic, move it promised to be hard.
I wasn't wrong about the hard part. The bad sloper for the left hand was worse than it looked and the right hand was in a very bad position to go from there to the top dynamically. It didn't look like it, but it is a huge move. After trying for almost half an hour, I even started to think that it was too hard and I wasn't going to make it.
Nevertheless, after a short break, I somehow found a position out of which I could start the dynamic move and I started to believe in it again. Not much later, I finally made it.
I then briefly tried the sitstart, and even though I could quite easily get into the standing start and up into position to do the dynamic move again, but it was really hot by then and I didn't have the same motivation as before, so I decided to call it a day. But determined to go back for that sitstart on a cooler day.
Very nice problem.

Fontainebleau - Mont Aigu - Cas Contact (direct) 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment