Sunday, August 8, 2021

August 08, 2021 - Keeping it dry.

I had done the right exit version of "La Coccinelle" in Buthiers Tennis almost two years ago, but apparently I had the moves of the first part still in me. 
There were some rain showers this morning, so I waited for a dry window, which finally arrived early afternoon. It didn't bother me that much as I had some things planned for today anyway. At least I got most of these done before being able to leave. On my way though, there was yet another rain shower when I was driving towards Buthier. Short, but long enough to make the boulder wet. There was some wind though and the sun that was out now and then, dried the boulder pretty quickly. It was then that I noticed that I still had the moves in me. My hope for doing "La Coccinelle (raccourci)" faded for a moment when another shower made the boulder wet again. Luckily, I was able to keep the key holds of the start dry.
After rain comes sunshine and now it was also the case. The boulder dried fast, but after only another attempt or two, the next rain shower came over and everything except for the key holds got wet again. I was persistent though and waited it out until a seemingly longer dry period had made its way to Buthiers.
This time, I was able to finish it, even though the top was still very humid and very slippery. The last move was uncertain, but despite being slippery, I managed to hold it and climb on.
It was still too wet and slippery to safely climb down, so for once, I didn't mind the small audience that was watching and used the occasion to ask one of the watchers to move the crashpad to a spot where I could jump off the boulder onto the pad. Thanks again to the unknown mister.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Tennis - La Coccinelle (raccourci) 7C

No comments:

Post a Comment