Saturday, September 22, 2018

September 22, 2018 - Watch out for boars!

It put a smile on my face when I read the description of Rocher du Mont Morillon on bleau.info this morning. Beware of wild boars..., it says. I thought it was kind of funny, because from all the boars that I have seen in the forest over the years, none of them was there. Okay, I admit that I had visited the area only once before, but still I didn't see any boars. Traces of them, however, a lot, but these can be seen everywhere.

My plan was indeed to go back to Rocher du Mont Morillon, and it was still early and quite cold when I walking towards "Karma Gai", the first boulder that I wanted to try.
I was quiet, looked around, but couldn't see a boar around.
Unfortunately, I was quickly reminded of why "Karma Gai" felt impossible when I was there over two years ago. There was a move in there that really didn't suit me, and today, it didn't seem much different.

On the other side of one the few small valleys that Rocher du Mont Morillon has, I could see the nice overhang on which I did "Liaison Fer-Os" last time, and I remembered about a hard sitstart variation with moves that seemed to fit my style. At least according to the video, because I wasn't and didn't feel strong enough to try it back then.
"Lésion Prés-Causses" indeed fits my style perfectly. Some nice swinging dynamic moves into a toehook on which everything depends from then on. I loved it!

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Mont Morillon - Lésion Prés-Causses 7B(7B+)




I took a break and slowly made my way back towards the boulder of "Le Maître est Talon". I couldn't resist taking a small panorama picture of the beautiful valley, hoping that I could spot a boar upon close inspection at home. Unless you have better luck, I couldn't find any.

One of the few beautiful small valleys of Rocher du Mont Morillon. Not a boar in sight.

There are quite some lines on the beautiful boulder of "Le Maître est Talon", but I could only get away with "Le Mètre à Droite", which felt quite hard for the grade in my opinion. It took me a while to find a good method.
Nevertheless, a very nice line that climbs much nicer than it initially looks.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Mont Morillon - Le Mètre à Droite 7A




Jokes aside, there are a lot of wild boars in the forest, and not only there, but in most places. 
Most of the time they are already gone before you can see them, but that doesn't mean that they can't be spooked when being silent and coming from around a boulder. It happened to me before and I wouldn't want one to react aggressively and attack me out of defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment