Sunday, September 2, 2018

September 02, 2018 - Distant sound.

It was still quite chilly when I met Pieter on the parking of Roche aux Sabots again this morning, but it promised to another beautiful day.
The parking was already nearly full and small herds of climbers were on their way to one of the  many nearby areas.
This time though, we were there to stay but weren't bothered by the growing crowds, because we were going to Roche aux Sabots Sud and were quite convinced we would see barely anyone else around.

As a warmup, I showed Pieter the small fun sloper boulder of "La Soupe Cosmique". Hidden in plain sight, at twenty metres from the first big boulders of the main area. It lies directly on the border of the main area and the Sud, but is still catalogued under the main.
I quickly managed to do "La Soupe Cosmique (gauche-droite)", the only line that I hadn't yet done on the bouder, and managed to quite easily repeat "La Soupe  Cosmique (direct)" and "La Soupe Cosmique (droite-gauche)".
Pieter got away with the nice "La Soupe Cosmique (direct)" but was too pumped to make the last move when going for "La Soupe Cosmique (droite-gauche)".
A very fun and small boulder, but takes away a lot of energy.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots - La Soupe Cosmique (gauche-droite) 7A




I definitely wanted to show Pieter "Ashtanga", that I managed to do last week and as I expected, he was more than interested.
We first tried "Cul Terreux (direct)" to the right of "Ashtanga", but as we couldn't find a way to mantle up, we turned to "Cul Terreux (direct droite)" that Pieter was able to flash very easily.
I needed an extra attempt, and finished thanks to having watched Pieter use his feet.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots Sud - Cul Terreux (direct droite) 7A(7A+)




A short break later, I did find a way for doing the mantle of ""Cul Terreux (direct)" and sent it the attempt after.
Some really beautiful moves for the first part under the roof!

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots Sud - Cul Terreux (direct) 7A+(7A)




Pieter had set his mind on "Ashtanga" in the meantime and being shorter than I am, he needed to look for another method.
He found one that he worked out and I sat in awe watching what he was trying to do and almost got away with it too. It looks crazy and I would like to have his send on video, but it will be for a next time., it was time for me to go as I had planned to do some more climbing with the kids in Rocher du Télégraphe and Pieter had given the best of him.
It again struck me how crowded the parking was and was glad that where we were climbing, those crowds were only a distant sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment