Friday, August 31, 2018

August 31, 2018 - No fear for falling.

Another crazy week at work with no time to climb, but finally this evening I was able to disconnect and relax on a small boulder in Roche aux Sabots.

If I had to name one boulder on which I didn't have fear for falling at all, it surely would be "Vieille Canaille".
The small roof of barely one metre high even has flat soft landing. Luckily, because a crashpad wouldn't fit anymore.
I had only tried this once before and even though I could work my way through the roof quite quickly, it was the hard mantle that had prevented me from topping out.

Thanks to not having climbed this week, the skin on my fingertips was thick enough to not be afraid of pulling hard on the only tiny crimp for topping out.
One of the nicest extreme lowballs in the forest that I have done so far!

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots - Vieille Canaille 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment