Friday, August 10, 2018

August 10, 2018 - Washed.

After many weeks of extreme heat and drought, it finally rained almost all day long yesterday.
Thanks to that, the boulders were washed off from magnesia and more importantly, the layer of grainy pollen that covered them. On top of that, the temperature dropped drastically with almost 20°C, which made up for much better conditions than the weeks before.

I was surprised with how fresh I still felt when I arrived the newly published boulder of "Ambidextre" in an isolated sector of Franchard Hautes Plaines. I realised once again how much energy the heat can drag out of you when carrying a heavy crashpad through the forest. Now however, I felt like I just stepped out of the car.
I was ready, motivated and immediately started with "Ambidextre droite)".
The friction felt much better than the weeks before and after a few tries, I stood on top of the boulder.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hautes Plaines - Ambidextre (droite) 7A(6C+)




Without break, I continued with "Ambidextre", but needed some more tries to figure out what to do.
As soon as I knew how to move, I improvised a tripod out of branches for the camera, pressed record and sent it right there.
Very nice problem, but didn't feel hard enough for 7C. On the other hand, I can imagine that shorter people or with less long arms, might have to do some extra moves.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hautes Plaines - Ambidextre 7B+(7C)


No comments:

Post a Comment