Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August 01, 2018 - Early morning freshness.

Despite the fair amount of rain that had finally fallen out of the sky during the night, the early morning felt fresh, but it started heating up fast again.
The sandstone has warmed up that much over the past weeks that there was no sign of rain anymore by the time I arrived in Bois Rond Auberge.

I started with an easy flash of "Punch" as a warmup.
Opened as 7A, but I honestly cannot make more than an easy 6C out of it. Loved the friction on that boulder though!

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Auberge - Punch 7A




What followed was another relatively easy flash of "Le Réta à Lola".
Soft 6C+ at most in my humble opinion. Fun little boulder though.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Auberge - Le Réta à Lola 7A




The remaining hour before it got really way too hot, I spent in "Avatar", which I still haven't figured out.

Back to work tomorrow and the rest of the week it will be too hot after work for climbing.
Luckily the weekend is only two workdays away and even though it will be very hot again, there's always the early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment