Sunday, August 19, 2018

August 19, 2018 - No pointing fingers.

It was a beautiful sight looking at the "Voltane" boulder from down the hill of Franchard Sablons Carriers. The rising sun created magnificent sunbeams piercing between the trees and lighting up small coloured spots scattered on the hill.
A picture doesn't even come close to doing such beauty justice, but I gave it a shot anyway.

The beauty of Franchard Sablons Carriers in the morning with the "Voltane" boulder in the background.

After such a long dry period, I had come up with the idea of finally trying "Joyeux Grill". A line on the boulder of "http.bloc" with a start under a roof that I had never seen dry before.
What I didn't realise this morning when I woke up though, was that the skin of my fingertips was so far gone, that it really hurt badly when I touched the first holds. On top of that, the landing was a bit more exposed than I remembered.
Was is it lack of skin or strength, too early in the morning, too scary, or was it simply too hard? I don't want to point a finger, so I would say it was a combination of all why I couldn't move an inch as soon as I put my feet in the far back end of the roof.
I will have to come back for that one, but with fresh skin and energy instead of almost worn out.

To wake up my body some more, I walked up the hill towards "L'ArĂȘte de l'Abri-Bivouac" where I was able to flash the very nice, but quite easy "Le Toit de l'Abri-Bivouac" on the boulder next to it.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons Carriers - Le Toit de l'Abri-Bivouac 7A(6C+)




Afterwards, I tried hard on the beautiful "L'ArĂȘte de l'Abri-Bivouac", fell out of the hard mantle at the end a few times, but after a while, my fingertips became so sweaty that it was coming through the thin layer of magnesia almost instantly.
I came so close to sending the beauty, but when my attempts were getting worse, I had to give and admit that coming back with fresh skin is probably what I need to finish it off completely.

My fingers hurt and I was getting pretty tired, but on my way back down the hill, I was able to top "Coeur de Pierre" on my second attempt. Luckily, because I don't think I would have had the courage to endure the pain on that tiny, barely one millimetre thin starting crimp for the right hand.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons Carriers - Coeur de Pierre 7A




Now I really have to grow some skin back!

No comments:

Post a Comment