Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8, 2017 - It's not a myth!

When I was on my way to Barbizon this morning around 10h, it started drizzling and by the time I parked at the buvette, it had turned into light rain.
My idea was to try some problems on the boulder of "Le Point G" in Apremont Envers, at the start of the red circuit.
Luckily I didn't have to wait long for the rain to stop and even though everything looked wet, I set off anyway to take a look. After all, the sky would clear up soon and there was a light breeze.

The boulder looked wet on the topout but the holds of "Á la Recherche du Point G" (looking for the G spot) under and on the side of the roof were dry.
I took my time to clean and dry the top slopers as good as I could with a brush and a towel and waited for the sun and mild breeze to finish the job.
With some more help from my brush and towel every now and then, my patience payed off and I could give it a first try.
I immediately was able to get to the top sloper, but didn't dare to top it out yet. It still felt a bit too slippery.
Another couple of good swipes with towel and brush, and ten minutes later I was good to go again.
This time I made my way to the top, but it felt sketchy though.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Envers - Á la Recherche du Point G 7B




At first I didn't want to try "Le Point G" (the G spot), because it was too exposed with the small boulder right underneath it, but after trying some moves I felt confident and gave it a try.
I made it on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Envers - Le Point G 7B




Basically you could say that I was looking for the G spot when climbing "Á la Recherche du Point G" and found it after doing "Le Point G".

I moved to Apremont Ouest to take a short break and see what I could climb close to the parking to finish with.
Yesterday evening I still tried "Lamia-San" for almost an hour and the skin on my fingertips was close to bleeding.
I ended up at "Épée", a small boulder problem that appeared in a video that I recently saw. It looked like fun, small and explosive.

On my first try I slipped a bit too hard off the first sloper and my fingertips felt as if they were on fire.
A short break later it went down on my second attempt.
That didn't feel too hard.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Épée 7B




With "Attaque des Aplats" right next to it, I couldn't resist to repeat it for the video.
I remember that when I did it back in 2011, that I didn't feel that hard.
Same today, as I was able to repeat it on my first attempt.
Fun little boulder.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Attaque des Aplats 7A




When driving back home, I realised that I had proven a myth to be true, the G spot exists, I found it!
It wasn't that special though, nothing exciting happened. 
I didn't know what to do with it and I didn't even bother to take a picture of it ... but I can show you where it is, it's in Apremont Envers.

No comments:

Post a Comment