Friday, May 12, 2017

May 12, 2017 - C'est la vie!

This week I have spent a couple of evening sessions in my project "Lamia-San" and even though I'm getting closer to sending it, still no success.
I'm actually so close that each session I had the feeling it could be the one, but every time I was forced to quit because of lack of skin and thus sweaty fingertips. C'est la vie!
The forced rest yesterday due to the rain came right on time.
Today however, it was good to climb, but instead of going to "Lamia-San" after work, I went back to Apremont Envers instead.

A couple of days ago, yet another line on the boulder of "Le Point G" had been published on bleau.info and it felt like a good moment to try it.
I had to hurry though, because they predicted rain and thunderstorms in the evening, and the grey seemingly angry sky didn't look promising. It looked like it could start raining any moment.

"Une Vie Âgée" sitstarts completely left with nothing for the feet, a good hold left hand and a bad slopey pinch for the right.
Pull up, place a left heelhook and make a big move to a jug left hand.
From there on it takes some physically hard moves to get into the normal start of "Á la Recherche du Point G" and finish in the latter.

It took me a couple of tries to memorise the best sequence but as soon I got it in my head and my body followed almost blindly, it didn't feel too hard for the grade.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Envers - Une Vie Âgée 7B+




It was still not raining after taking a very short break and as I still had the moves in my head, I decided to quickly try the slightly longer version, "Une Vie à Grimper", which starts the same, but continues to the right to end in "Le Point G".
It's longer, but the topout is easier, so the grade stays the same as "Une Vie Âgée".
"Une Vie à Grimper" felt physically harder though, but probably that was because I did "Une Vie Agée" just before and there was not much time to loose.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Envers - Une Vie à Grimper 7B+




I finished it just on time, because by the time I got to the car, it started with small drops and ended a while later with heavy rain, hail, lightning and thunder.

Now I have to start filling out my tax form. 
C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment