Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May 02, 2017 - Start little.

I had never expected that I would have been able to climb when I left to work this morning.
It had rained a lot during the night and it was still not finished. The forest looked soaked when I was driving through it.
In a way it was good a thing. The boulders were finally being washed after having been visited by the masses.

When driving back home in the evening, the sun had been able to peak through the clouds here and there and the roads were dry. That usually means that at least some boulders would be too.
I tried my chances and parked at Franchard Isatis that looked deserted besides a handful of cars, which is quite exceptional this time of the year. Even for a regular Tuesday early evening.

Back in July 2012, I had done "Little Karma" and found it very hard for a 6C. That's probably why I had never bothered trying the 7A+ sitstart of it. I couldn't imagine getting my ass off the ground when sitting down.
The fact that that part of Isatis is always so crowded didn't motivate me neither.
For some reason I had to think about it again, but each time I was in the area it was too crowded and I didn't feel like creeping in.
Today however, I was nearly alone and I took the chance.

Even though I was able to repeat the standstart fairly quickly, "Little Karma (assis)" felt hard from start to end!

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Little Karma (assis) 7A+


5 comments:

  1. I was in Isatis this weekend and had a look at Little Karma. It looks really hard for its grade. Also the glassy footholds can't be helping.

    Good job with this send.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      It does indeed feel hard for the grade, as does the standstart.
      I had to place my foot next to the glassy spot, it kept slipping off.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering if you could help me identify a boulder. It is located in Apremont. It's placed close to "Onde de Choc". If you are facing "Onde de Choc", behind you there are slabs. This boulder is on the other side of the slabs. It has a red dot indicating a problem and it's near a red circut nr 40.

    I was having a look at it but had no idea how to climb it. Have you done it?

    Link to the picture: https://goo.gl/Z7vBES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, no idea.
      It looks nice though, with hard mantle as topout!
      I'll have a look when I'm around in the area.

      Delete
    2. I'd much appreciate it even though it looks way above my ability as for now.

      Delete